Meeting your recovery/treatment goals takes practice, consistency, and support. Whilst challenging the eating disorder can look different for each person, it can be helpful to have the encouragement and assistance to meet your treatment goals, wherever you may be on your journey.
Myrtle Oak Clinic is now providing group meal support over lunchtime, 3 days per week for a 4-week period at our Wallsend office. There will be up to 5 people per group, to allow for more individualised support.
The aim of this program is to assist clients to meet their treatment goals and improve regularity, adequacy and/or variety of their eating, by supporting them to complete a difficult meal.
Where: Myrtle Oak Clinic Wallsend, 116 Nelson street Wallsend, 2287. When: 12:30-1:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for 4 weeks, starting on September 12th 2022.
Cost: $300 (inc. 3 lunchtimes per week, for 4 weeks)
Who would benefit from meal support?
- Individuals who have begun treatment and struggle to complete all their meals during the day.
- People who have difficulty eating adequately, or enough food during the day to meet their goals.
- Individuals who have difficulty eating in front of people may benefit from being surrounded by a small group who have shared similar challenges.
Do I need to be a current client?
No. If you are not already a client of ours, however you do need to be currently supported by either a psychologist or dietitians and we may request permission to discuss our meal support services with your current team.
What will be required of me?
- Have a willingness to engage in a small group setting
- Prepare and bring a lunch aligned to your treatment plan.
- Eat a lunch meal within a reasonable time frame
- Continue to challenge you’re eating disorder at meal times
Will I be required to attend all sessions?
It is most beneficial for participants to plan to attend as many sessions as they can during the program, allowing for consistency in support.
How do I find out more or book a spot for meal support?
Contact us at (02) 4362 3443 or send us an message via our contact form.