Dietitians are trained health professionals who can provide a thorough dietary assessment, explore your relationship with food, eating and your body and provide nutrition support in line with your needs and goals. Dietitians have proven competency in the the area of nutritional science and must have completed a four-year Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Here at Myrtle Oak Clinic, we have Dietitians who are trained and experienced in working with a variety of eating disorders. Myrtle Oak provides care that entails a person-centered approach, with treatment following evidence-based guidelines whilst still being tailored to your individual needs.
When working with one of our Dietitians, together, you will develop strategies to assist and empower you with food on a day-to-day basis, establish an informed approach to a positive relationship with food and eating, as well as receive ongoing guidance and support whilst you are engaged with our services.
Consultation with one of our Dietitians may involve:
- In-depth exploration about the issues with food that you are experiencing and the length of time you have been facing these issues.
- Completion of validated questionnaires to assist with the treatment approach.
- An assessment of your current intake, eating behaviors/patterns, food rules, hunger/fullness cues, feared foods
- An exploration of current motivation to change and working alongside this
- The development of a treatment plan including discussion of your goals (short term and long term)
- Practice of effective strategies and skills to help you re-establish your relationship with food and eating
- Assistance, guidance, and motivation towards positive change
All our appointments, including assessment and follow-up reviews with our Dietitians at Myrtle Oak Clinic are 60 minutes. Some may wish to have weekly sessions with our Dietitians to gain momentum, whilst others may choose a more gradual treatment approach with less frequent appointments.
Of course, the frequency of sessions can be discussed with your Dietitian and will take into account your needs, finances and availability.
Just some of the reasons people have come to Myrtle Oak Clinic for support are:
- Disordered Eating
- Eating Disorder
- Low Energy / High Fatigue
- Reduced performance in sport due to inadequate fueling.
- Poor relationship with food
- Anxiety around foods
- Sensory issues with food
- Restrictive Eating
- Compensatory Behaviours [laxative use, purging, excessive exercise]
- Binge Eating [Subjective or Objective]
- Their child has stopped eating and/or is struggling with eating
- Uncertainty as to what they ‘should’ or ‘should not’ be eating
If you are finding that any of these points are affecting your daily life, it may be time to link in with one of our Dietitians. If you would like to see if we are the right fit for you, please get in contact with our lovely admin team during business hours on 02 43 662 3443.