Group Focused Psychological sessions.
Our “Mind, Body, Nutrition Connect” groups are beneficial for adults who are living with disordered eating mindsets or clinical eating disorders such as Anorexia, Bulimia or Binge Eating Disorder.
These groups are designed to complement individual therapy and allow you to share with others in a safe and respectful environment.
Mind, Body, Nutrition Connect will be led by experienced clinicians who will guide you using evidence based therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Enhanced, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and mindfulness. The groups will enable participants to distinguish between healthy and rational thoughts and the destructive thoughts of an eating disorder and will equip them with skills that can be used in real life situations.
Group content may include:
- Techniques for managing anxiety;
- Relaxation techniques and self care;
- Skills training including problem-solving skills, social skills and communication;
- Exploration of body image;
- Exploration of thought processes;
- Strategies to enhance motivation for recovery;
- Nutrition education including intuitive eating skills, meeting your body’s energy needs, flexible eating approach;
- Recovery maintenance.
Mind, Body, Nutrition Connect will be run as a closed group of between 4-8 people. In an effort to create a safe and cohesive environment participants will be asked to commit to the full 6 week group program consisting of weekly 2 hour workshops on Fridays 9-11.
The upfront fee for the full 6 weeks is $360.00. Medicare rebates may be available subject to eligibility (Medicare Australia offers rebates with a GP referral for up to 10 group sessions per calendar year).
Mind, Body, Nutrition Connect will support participants to develop skills that will allow them to create a new perspective on nourishing the body and mind in a relaxed, non-judgemental setting.
For more information please contact our team on 02 43 623 443.
* Please note that the program is designed to run concurrent to individual treatment.
*Please note: group suitability criteria applies – more information is available on request.